Setting appropriate Protective Markings when a note is created is important to ensure the
integrity of the note and assists with the redaction process when notes are subject to export
and/or disclosure. There may be occasion where the Protective Markings of a note needs to
be modified. To modify the Protective Markings a note using Verinote Native Desktop
Application, ensure you are logged in and simply follow these
- Locate the note you wish to edit by performing a search (for help with searching for
notes, click here) or simply scroll through the calendar to find the relevant note.
- Click on the note you want to edit/modify.
You will see the note in its entirety including the Title, Note, Location, Tim e & Date,
Protective Marking, Classification, URN, Incident Location, Event Tags and any
- Click the EDIT PENCIL icon in the bottom right-hand corner of the note.
- Click the Protective Marking field and select the appropriate Protective Marking for
- Click the SAVE icon to save your note.
A pop up screen will appear notifying that your note has been saved.
Please sign in to leave a comment.